Di is our host once again for Share Your World as Melanie continues to rest and recuperate. Here are the questions.
1. If you were to go to a desert island and could only take five things with you, what would they be?
I take it this is a voluntary visit rather than being stranded Castaway style. I will also assume for the sake of this question that there is a supply of drinkable water,food, some kind of shelter and the means to call someone to come and get me when I’d had enough solitude.
- Sunscreen, lots of it. I don’t want to get sunburn or worse, skin cancer.
- Reading material, if I’m limited in the amount I can have and power is not available to charge my Kindle I’d take a favourite book that I would be happy to reread many times rather than an “airport book” that I might never want to read again.
- My camera with spare batteries and cards.
- A photo album with pictures of my loved ones including pets if this was going to be a long stay.
- A towel, because you should always know where your towel is at.
2. What popular song (any era) best describes you?
At one time I would have said “Rose Coloured Glasses” but I’m less of an optimist than I used to be so now I don’t know.
3. If you could only use three basic ingredients to make a meal, what would they be?
Meat, potatoes and a green vegetable of some description.
4. Do you allow your pet on the furniture?
Yes, sometimes they even allow me to join them.
It’s the start of a new week. What are you most looking forward to?
Last week was a bit of a bummer so I’m looking forward to this week being better. I’m looking forward to seeing Polly get back on her feet and to seeing some more tulips coming into bloom.