I’m straying from the theme a little bit this week but jugs are containers, right? I thought it would be fun to photograph all my jugs for this challenge. Most of them don’t get used, or not very often. Do people use jugs much anymore?
- The glass jug was bought in a favourite antique shop at Sisters Creek,
- The rose jug I bought years ago to match a set of cups with roses even though it is a different brand.
- The one under it is a Meakin jug bought in an antique shop in Wynyard. These were made in several colours. This one is called Sunshine and is yellow. I like the shape.
- The next one is part of a dinner set I bought in the 1990s.
- The spotted one belongs to Naomi and we used it sometimes when we have afternoon tea.
- Underneath it is a metal gravy boat, also bought in Wynyard. That gets used at least once a week.
- The fluted one is very old. It came to me from my friend Graham when he was clearing out some stuff he didn’t want. Graham and his wife used to run an antique shop for a while.