- You have just been gifted a magic wand that specializes in completing household chores. You can request the completion of only two household chores. Which chores would you assign your wand to complete?
Only two? Bummer. Oh well, first I’m going to say vacuuming, a chore I really hate doing but with two pets in the house I can’t avoid it. My second pick is a bit harder, bending to clean the bath is a bit tiresome but the other one I’d gladly hand over is cleaning glass. We have two big glass sliding doors which of course are always covered in marks from dogs noses. I’d love to have them cleaned for me whenever I asked.
- At the local Wizards-R-Us store there was a sale on handshake shockers, instant darkness pellets, and levitation pills. Which of these ‘party thrillers’ are you more likely to purchase?
As I hate climbing ladders I think a levitation pill would be very handy once I got used to the sensation. I could reach the things in the top cupboards and take the curtains down much more easily.
- In the alley behind Wizards-R-Us, there was a tradesman selling a Love Potion. The sales pitch was too much for you and you yielded and purchased one vial. What do you do with it?
I would probably give it away if I knew someone that needed one. I have no interest in a romance.
- You are the Great Clearinghouse Winner of a new ‘good luck’ potion – Felix Felicis. It has to be used within the next thirty days or its potency becomes diminished. Do you use it? Do you give it to a friend in need?
Well I can always use a bit of luck but I’d be happy to give it to someone else who needed it more as I feel that I am already a lucky person.
Melanie’s Mundane Muggle Questions:
- If everyone spoke their mind, would this world be a better or worse place? Why?
Yes and no. It would be good if there were fewer lies and deceptions and if people said what they meant instead of expecting others to just know but there would also be more hurt feelings and unhappiness. Sometimes the old “If you can’t say something nice, say nothing. “ is still a good policy.
- Can achieving nothing make a person happy?
I should think that it makes a lot of people frustrated but not everyone is really driven to achieve career milestones or make a lot of money. Some people are happy just to live an ordinary life. Who is to say that’s not an achievment?
- How do you know if you love someone enough to marry them?
I’ve only done it once so I’m not an expert. I guess you just know.
GRATITUDE SECTION (as always this is optional)
Please feel free to write about or share an image of something you’re grateful for!
On Sunday I was taking out my recycling bin ready for Monday morning when I ran into my next door neighbour. We don’t see each other often as she is not always there. She invited me in for a cup of tea and we had a nice chat and exchanged phone numbers. She told me that if I needed anything when I’m here by myself I could always call her. The main thing I worry about when I’m on my own here is what if one of the pets get sick so it was nice to know there is someone close by if that were to happen until Naomi is here full time. This is a nice community, a couple of people who live nearby have asked if I’m OK because they have heard Cindy barking, she barks at everyone who goes by because she’s not used to seeing people outside very much. People share things, there are two little free libraries and people often give things away on the local FB page plants, surplus household goods or toys, even bicycles. Sometimes they just put them out on the street in front of their homes. That’s how I got my breadmaker. Someone local giving it away.