(the last two are courtesy of Teresa of The Haunted Wordsmith)
- Is it wrong to sell store-bought pastries at a bake sale?
It’s probably not in the spirit of the thing but these days there are more working parents and surely it’s better to bring something you bought than not participate at all. I think mine may be the last generation who volunteers to make home-baked goodies for stalls. However, bringing store-bought and passing it off as your own is not on as far as I’m concerned.
- Have you ever interacted with the police?
If by interacted you mean been arrested no I have not. I have interacted with the police over other matters eg.
- Neighbourhood Watch
- Minor road accidents
- Police making enquiries about neighbourhood events
- Being given a ride home by a policeman after my sister and I missed the last bus home from a concert when we were teenagers.
- What will you remember most about this past year (this question will show up again, in late December, just FYI)
The bushfires last summer, and if you ask me again in December my answer is likely to be the same unless something really out of the ordinary happens. I will never forget those weeks.
- Is it better to have fungus on your toes, your tongue, or your pizza?
Pizza, mushrooms are a fungus, right?
- What is one slang word that makes your skin crawl?
There is nothing like a question of this type to empty my head of any ideas at all. There are words that I really dislike not so much because they are bad words but because they are also ugly words. Like the one that starts with C and ends with T.
On the subject of slang I looked up a list of millennial slang words and I doubt that I could even communicate with a millennial. It’s like they speak a different language.
What a stunning flower!! How blessed you are to have the onset of Spring, instead of the blah of mid-Summer (like here). Oddly enough you’re the second one to say “C**T” was the ugliest word they knew..I agree with y’all. Thanks Vanda for Sharing Your World!! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
It really IS the doldrums of summer. Super hot, steamy weather with intermittent rain. Steaming ground. Garry commented you really COULD cook on the sidewalk. I said “no thanks.”
LikeLiked by 1 person
Staying indoors weather.