How do you like to spend a rainy day?
When I have a choice I like to stay home. It’s a good opportunity to write blog posts or edit photos or perhaps play a computer game, fix up dolls or knit. I like to hear the rain on my galvanised iron roof when I’m cosy inside. Of course there are still chores to do whatever the weather but nobody likes doing chores do they? So I have just mentioned the fun stuff.
List at least five favorite treats. (They do not have to be sugary).
- Raisin toast – a favourite breakfast.
- Tim Tam biscuits
- Quality Street chocolates and toffee
- Cadbury’s fruit and nut chocolate
- Mince pies – I adore them but only have them for a few days between Christmas and New Year. I could make them anytime but I don’t.
- Special icecream eg. New Zealand Natural, Valhalla, Golden North honey. There is a stall in Salamanca Market where in summer you can get a cone of Tasmanian made icecream with fresh berries, strawberries, raspberries or blueberries. That is a very special treat.
Where’s your favorite place to take out-of-town guests?
Locally, the Tahune AirWalk to see the forests and into Geeveston to see the wood carvings. David and I used to like to show off the Huon Valley to visiting friends so we’d usually go for a drive and stop at places like Franklin and Port Huon to take photos of the river and have a meal.
Other places in or close to Hobart are Salamanca Market on a Saturday, Richmond which has convict era buildings, or we would drive up to the top of Mount Wellington for the views. We once took a friend who loved markets and second-hand shops to the Tip Shop at Glenorchy. She loved it.
You are trapped in an elevator, who would you want to be trapped with?
Naomi because we would talk and laugh and the time would go faster.
Optional Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
I went to Hobart on Saturday to have lunch with my friend Ally and her husband Matt for her birthday. We went to a dessert cafe I had not tried before. It was nice to catch up as we haven’t seen each other much lately. This week the Op Shop is closed and I am enjoying having some extra free time.