I like doing the Share Your World questions every week so I’m happy to join in with this unofficial version by The Spectacled Bean.
- What is your favourite word?
I don’t really have one. Every now and again I’ll hear a word I like and it becomes part of my conversation and it is incorporated into my personal vocabulary for example “oxymoron” (See Question 7).
- What is your least favourite word?
I don’t like the f-word when it is used continually, nor do I like the c-word. I never use that one.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?
Colours. I love seeing beautiful, bright colours in nature, flowers, grass, trees, the sea and the sky. I love the colours of textiles too. A walk through Spotlight always makes me want to make something even if the urge doesn’t last long.
- What turns you off?
Modern decor; especially old houses that have been renovated and everything has been painted grey. I like neutrals on walls or floors but that is just depressing. I couldn’t live in a house that had this colour scheme in every room.
- What is your favourite curse word?
I say “Bloody” a lot.
- What sound or noise do you love?
I love the sound of the birds in my garden and the sound of a steam train working hard.
- What sound or noise do you hate?
Rap music which is an oxymoron to me and monotonous machinery like when someone runs a car or bike engine continually.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
I don’t have a profession I’ve only ever had jobs which is fine with me. I work to live not the other way around. If I’d had a profession travel writer or travel agent would have been good ones for me or maybe historian, antiques expert or archaeologist.
- What profession would you not like to do?
I would not want to do anything in the medical profession including doctor, dentist, nurse or carer (except to a close relative and not as a profession)
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
“There are some people and animals here that can’t wait to see you.”