When do you feel most connected with others?
When I am having a deep conversation with someone I know but also on occasion when I have been with a group of like-minded people with a cause like the protest marches I attended in 2014 and at community events in Geeveston.
What daily habit would you like to introduce to your life?
A regular walk would be good as I have done little walking in the past couple of months.
What one mini-little-adventure would you like to have in the coming week?
I’d like to have a day out taking photos as I have not done that in ages. Whether I can do it this week I don’t know as the weather is not looking good for outdoor activities.
List at least of things or events that changed your Life: It could be as simple as a book or meeting a certain person?
- Immigrating to Australia as a child was probably the biggest life changer for me. If we had stayed in England my life would have been very different.
- My first steam train excursion as a young teenager. If I had not discovered the Australian Railway Historical Society ran these trips I would not have met David and I probably wouldn’t have got a job in the railways myself. My love of trains has been a big influence in my life in more ways than one.
- Learning to use a computer and discovering the internet as that opened a whole new world to me.
- Moving from the suburbs of Adelaide to a country town in Tasmania was a huge change in lifestyle. I think that I now appreciate nature more and although I missed being able to visit shopping centres frequently at first I’m now content with the occasional visit although I have to admit that as I can get a lot of what I want online shopping trips seem less necessary now.
- Losing David last year is probably the biggest life changer I’ve had and unlike the others not one that I wanted to deal with. From that day on I had to plan an entirely different future from the one I expected to have. I think it will be alright, I have options but nothing will ever be the same.
Bonus question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
Last week I treated myself to a new laptop, a purchase I’ve been thinking about for some time. My old one is very old, it runs Windows XP and my six year old desktop is showing signs of ageing. I bought a brand new Asus with enough RAM and a big enough hard drive to take over from both if the desktop packs up.
It will be my birthday on Friday and I’m looking forward to my mystery present from Naomi. I know it is vintage and might be doll related but that’s all. She offered to tell me when she bought it but I prefer the surprise element. Naomi has to work her night job on Friday so instead we are going out to lunch on Thursday at Wrest Point Casino. Perhaps we will have a little flutter on the pokies after lunch.