I was walking through the Hobart CBD yesterday and thinking about how much I like the city. Today, just for fun, I thought I’d make a list of a few of the things that I like about Hobart. They are highly personal choices and the list is not in any particular order.
- Historic buildings – There are very few modern high rise buildings in Hobart. Instead, there are a lot of interesting old ones ranging from Art Deco to Georgian.
- The waterfront– I love walking down by the docks. The fishing fleet is there, there are tourist boats, yachts, cruisers and historic wooden boats. In summer there are cruise ships, in winter ice breakers from the Antarctic.
- Salamanca Market – I’ve written about it before. It’s touristy I know but it’s colourful and interesting and I don’t get tired of it.
- Parliament House Lawns – A little patch of green outside Parliament House it became a favourite spot of mine when I discovered it had oak trees. My favourite time to be there is autumn.
- Cat & Fiddle Arcade – Every hour on the hour the clock in the arcade plays the tune of the nursery rhyme while animated figures re-enact it. If I’m in the area near the time I usually stop and watch.
Your post bring back fond memories of my time in Hobart which was a city I too liked very much sadly a bit to cold for this Queenslander to consider living there.
It is cold this morning but locals tell me that the winters are not as cold as they used to be. I’m sure climate change will fix the problem for you :S
Our minimums are still generally higher than your maximums in winter so I sorta doubt that climate change will make that much difference.
It’s bracing 🙂
[…] https://two-sisters.blog/2014/07/22/five-favourite-things-about-hobart/ […]